Well, I am officially admitting that I'm terrible at updating this thing! I guess it's hard when all you're doing is sleeping and working; however, I did go on a pretty sweet trip to Utah! I was there for two weeks and it was probably the best two weeks that i've had this year. Dad and I got to have a lot of one on one time which we don't get to have very often. I got to spend some time with Collin (7) and Carter(5) and i'd have to say that they are my pride and joy. Both of those boys are growing up to be smart, kind, and loving boys. Collin is very involed in taekwondo and he's about 4 levels away from a black belt! So, basically i'm going to hire him as my personal body guard at school... but seriously, he's pretty hard core. As for Carter, he is aspiring to be a skateborder haha. The kid definitely has the look! Ugh, I can't wait to see them again.
As for other family, we had our Chisholm family reunion at Cherry Hill. Other than my severe sunburn, it was a blast! All of my cousins are getting to be so big! I felt kinda old, not gonna lie! I also went to visit Grandma Olsen, Pam, Paul and the kids and what a visit it was! We remembered good and bad times of the past and caught up on the last year we spent apart. I was about 11 pm and Grandma tried to feed me a 5 course meal...bless her heart. Can't wait to see everyone later this year for Thanksgiving and Christmas. This will be the first year since 2002 that my Mom and Dad will be in the same state for the holidays and I'm pumped!!!!
I spent about a week straight with the boys and distant family, and then Dad and I decided to escape to southern Utah! We went to the St. George house for 3 days spending time watching movies and improving our tans. After I got sunburnt again (and yes, I'm well aware of skin cancer) we headed to Skutumpah resevoir for some good ol' fishing. Between Dad and I, we caught about 12 fish but decided to only keep 9 or so. There"s nothing better than cooking and eating fresh caught fish. The sunsets up there were amazing!!!! They definitely added more great memories to mine and Dad's happy place. Its always a sad time when i have to say goodbye to the boys and to Dad, but luckily I only had to wait a couple weeks to see Dad again. He flew out here on the 19th to help Brittany and I move into our new apartment! He spent a lot of time trying to find things to fix around the apartment and getting to know his way around Bloomington! It was sad to see him go but i know I'll see him soon!! Well thats about it for now other than I start my Junior year at IU tomorrow and that Brit is doing well so far in the Paramedic Program and Ivy Tech!
No comments:
Post a Comment